Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bear Lake: What I did this summer...

I have been doing a lot of biking this past six months and I brought my bike on this trip. The first night we rode to town for dinner and then rode back. After swimming I wasn't quite done for the day, so I took a little trip on my own. I rode to the golf course and then back, then into a new subdivision down the road. I still had some energy so I went back into town, then came back. The cool air was awesome to ride in and it felt great. Sunday Lee and I went for a walk into town and that was about three and a half miles. It was a good walk and we were able to talk about all the things that have transpired in our lives lately. It was good times. Monday morning, I awoke early and headed out for a ride. I just started peddling and before I knew it I was in Idaho. It was approximately 10 miles each way. I felt I was going to get a call looking for me so I turned around. I could have easily gone farther in to Idaho. Next time, baby, Montpelier! That will be about 30 miles each way! If you can believe it, you can do it! Here's some pictures of what I saw while on my trek.

Idaho is full of old barns.

I didn't think anyone would believe me so I took a picture of my bike.

This stone marker at the border has Idaho on one side and Utah on the other. Pretty cool.

Beautiful young buck in velvet still. A lucky one not smashed in the road. They really stink after a while. Roadkill becomes obstacles for bikers, please don't smoosh the animals!

Unbeknownst (real spelling I checked) to me this is an original Oregon Trail route. Again proof I was there.

I got to ride on Eli (check my other blog for short story). Look at me I am a farmer!

Full moon after a visit to town for shakes. It wouldn't be summer if we didn't make it to Bear Lake.

No comments: