Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bear Lake 2010

I can barely remember a summer without going to Bear Lake. Even before I was officially in this family, I tagged along. I can't be certain but I believe we are at least 20 years and counting. I needed this vacation this year more than the previous years and it felt good to relax. The cool summer air, the soothing waves crashing on the seashell lined beach, and who can forget the crystal blue water. It was a short trip but it was a good one. I picked a few of my favorite photos and will try to be clever with captions. I brought up the idea of a family reunion in 2012, please think on it and give some feedback. I am not asking for a commitment anytime soon but keep it in the back of your mind.

Shelly's annual sand art. It relaxes her. It wouldn't be official without it.

All those years of bugging me with a camera! Here's payback, Gert! SMILE!


I am gonna pump you up! Look at my pasty flabby ab, ya, just one ab!

Mike was the only one building sandcastles this years and this wasn't exactly his best effort. Maybe next year big guy!

Hey! Brett Michaels! The 80's called and the want their glasses back! "I wanna be a rock star"


The few, the brave, the weenie riders! Mike, Gert, Kin, Shelly, Capn' Fantastic all braved a ride over the frigid waters. This was extremely fun!

The trip ended with a marshmallow roast. Have you ever seen a marshmallow this big? We broke chocolate bars and shoved them inside, then roasted. They were messy and oh so good.

No comments: